Tutor: Mark Sacks
Enrollment Process: Please click “Add to Cart” at the top to enroll. Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions!
Dates: We can meet at any mutually convenient day and time, 7 days a week, for our initial 1-on-1 discussion. (Please be reasonably flexible – there is only one of me!)
Location: Anywhere (“live stream” or by telephone/Skype), or in Costa Mesa, CA (in-person)
Content: Whether or not you have already prepared a draft of your personal statement, my Personal Statement package will consist of the following:
- A review and assessment of your resume, prior draft of your personal statement (if you prepared one), or any other information you wish to submit to me prior to our meeting. (This step is optional – it is not necessary to have a draft of your personal statement or submit anything.)
- A 90-minute, 1-on-1 “brainstorming meeting” with me (“live stream,” in-person or over the telephone). During this meeting, we will determine the substantive content to be included in each portion of your personal statement, and begin the process of writing it.
- If you have a resume (optional) and/or a prior draft of your personal statement (optional), we also will discuss those items during our initial meeting.
- Based on the “brainstorming meeting,” I will then prepare a working draft of your entire personal statement. The draft of your personal statement will include all of the following:
- A carefully constructed theme enabling us to organize various important aspects of your life in a clear and cohesive manner, and designed to resonate strongly with law school admission committees.
- An initial draft of your personal statement, consistent with the organizing theme, highlighting the unique elements of your life that are likely to impress law school admission committees.
- Detailed and clear instructions for you to complete your personal statement.
- My online video tutorial on the Personal Statement (approximately one hour) also is included at no charge. You are highly encouraged to watch the video tutorial in its entirety either before or after our initial meeting.
- After watching the online video tutorial and our 90-minute meeting, and receiving my initial draft of your personal statement, you will be in an excellent position to finalize your personal statement.
- If you wish to upgrade to my Gold Package afterward to include detailed editing of your Personal Statement, you may do so by simply paying the cost difference.
- Additional hours of Personal Statement guidance may be purchased, if necessary. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- NOTE: you will be working directly with me, the owner of ScoreItUp, and not a part-time or student instructor. Your 1-on-1 meeting(s), the entire “brainstorming” process, and the video tutorial are all done with me.
* The quoted $899 fee on my Silver Package is a discounted price for students taking one of my classroom (live) or online video course. The price for students not taking one of my courses is $1,299. Please contact me at email@example.com for details.