SCOREITUP LSAT PREP: DETAILED COURSE OVERVIEW
ScoreItUp’s “live online” LSAT Prep courses offer you far more thorough and comprehensive instruction than other companies provide. A detailed summary of your ScoreItUp experience is provided below.
- The content of ScoreItUp’s “live online” (via Zoom) and “in person” courses (in Orange County, California) is identical.
- All “live online” lessons are recorded and can be watched (or replayed) at other times.
- Only real LSAT questions are used for all ScoreItUp lessons, homework and mock exams.
- You do not need prior experience with the LSAT before taking a ScoreItUp course.
- ScoreItUp guarantees that all lessons are taught by the company’s founder, Mark Sacks, and not by a part-time or inexperienced instructor. As a result, you will find that class lessons provide a far more in-depth analysis of LSAT questions.
- ScoreItUp courses enable you to master all three phases of LSAT Prep: (1) learning the fundamental concepts underlying the LSAT, (2) effectively applying those fundamentals to real LSAT questions, and (3) significantly improving your timing and efficiency.
- By analyzing how to answer LSAT questions effectively and efficiently, you learn the LSAT’s “patterns” which consistently repeat themselves in future questions – after all, logic is logic!
- You will appreciate the lighthearted environment of Mark’s classes, but ScoreItUp courses are thorough and rigorous. They are for students who are serious about wanting to improve their LSAT score significantly.
- Please see below for a discussion of (1) ScoreItUp’s course options, and (2) ScoreItUp’s class lessons, broken down by the treatment of each LSAT section.
SCOREITUP COURSE OPTIONS: Single, Double, Triple and “GO BIG”
- ScoreItUp offers single, double, triple and GO BIG course options, designed to cater to a student’s budget and available time to prepare for the LSAT.
- A ScoreItUp “single” course is a complete, self-contained and comprehensive LSAT Prep course. A “double” course is two “single” courses; a “triple” course is three “single” courses; and a “GO BIG” course is four “single” courses.
- Each course will analyze completely new and different LSAT questions.
- Each class lesson typically will work on problems in two of the three graded sections of the LSAT (Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension).
- Mark will clearly explain the fundamental strategies necessary to LSAT success in each course. However, your class lessons primarily will involve a “deep dive” analysis of real LSAT questions, allowing you to recognize LSAT “patterns” in future questions efficiently.
- Any ScoreItUp course with Mark will be extremely beneficial. The benefits of a longer course are (1) analyzing far more LSAT questions with Mark, (2) significant reinforcement of the LSAT’s “core” concepts, and (3) access to ScoreItUp’s extensive online database for a longer time period.
- You can “upgrade” from a shorter course to a longer one. There is a financial benefit to initially enrolling in a longer course, but you can “start small” and upgrade later, if you would like.
ANALYTICAL REASONING (AR)
- ScoreItUp’s initial AR lessons will teach you all the key fundamentals necessary to mastering the AR section.
- You will then apply these fundamentals to numerous AR sets from real LSATs, beginning with the very first AR lesson. Each AR set will be analyzed by Mark, allowing you to see the optimal way to “set up” each AR set and answer the entire set of AR questions.
- As the course progresses, all of the main types of AR sets will be analyzed. Each AR lesson will expose you to new and different game sets and concepts (as well as reinforcing certain “core” concepts), and you will develop an extensive set of strategies to help answer AR questions accurately and efficiently.
- The common tricks used by the LSAT’s test writers in “wrong” answer choices to AR questions also will be explained and demonstrated by Mark.
LOGICAL REASONING (LR)
- ScoreItUp’s initial LR lesson will teach you all the key fundamentals necessary to mastering the LR section.
- You will then work on numerous LR questions from real LSATs, beginning with the first LR lesson. Each assigned LR question will be analyzed by Mark, allowing you to see how to answer the question, the precise reason why the correct answer is correct and (when appropriate) the precise reason why incorrect answers are incorrect.
- As the course progresses, all of the main LR question types will be analyzed in class. Each LR lesson will expose you to new and different LR question types, and you will develop additional strategies to help answer LR questions efficiently.
- The common tricks used by the LSAT’s test writers in “wrong” answer choices to LR questions also will be explained and demonstrated by Mark.
READING COMPREHENSION (RC)
- ScoreItUp’s initial RC lesson will teach you all the key fundamentals necessary to mastering the RC section.
- You will then apply these fundamentals to numerous RC sets from real LSATs, beginning with the first RC lesson. Each RC set will be analyzed by Mark, allowing you to see the optimal way to dissect each passage and answer the entire set of RC questions.
- As the course progresses, all of the main types of RC passages will be analyzed in class. In each RC lesson, you will be exposed to new and different passages and RC questions, and you will develop additional strategies to help answer RC questions accurately and efficiently.
- The common tricks used by the LSAT’s test writers in “wrong” answer choices to RC questions also will be explained and demonstrated by Mark.
LSAT WRITING SAMPLE*
- The LSAT also contains a separately administered, ungraded LSAT Writing section. Your LSAT Writing sample will be provided to all law schools to which you apply.
- The LSAT Writing section is equivalent to a miniature law school final exam.
- You will be provided with a one-hour video tutorial, taught by Mark, on the LSAT Writing sample.
- Mark’s tutorial will provide you with a precise and detailed strategy and formula for dealing with the LSAT Writing section, and will show you can apply that formula to LSAT Writing prompts on real LSATs.
- When you finish Mark’s tutorial, you will be fully capable of handling the LSAT Writing section. You should practice on a couple other LSAT Writing prompts, but you do not need to spend nearly as much time on this section as the graded LSAT sections.
*Many LSAT Prep companies are founded by people who never went to law school, and have little familiarity with law school final exams. Beware of claims that the LSAT Writing section is “irrelevant,” you don’t need to prepare for it at all, or admission committees never read it. Those claims are false – common sense should tell you that!
SCOREITUP’S EXTRA “FREEBIES”
- ScoreItUp courses with Mark invariably offer you extra “freebies,” including after-class Zoom “happy hours,” discussions of real-life jury trials and “war stories,” descriptions of different career opportunities based on Mark’s extensive experience as a criminal prosecutor and “BigLaw” civil litigator, etc.
- Added “freebies” also include discussions about law school admission strategies, personal statements (in addition to ScoreItUp’s immensely useful, one-hour video tutorial), guest speakers (lawyers, judges and current law school students), and more.
PROCTORED MOCK EXAMS
- Each ScoreItUp course begins and ends with a live, proctored full-length exam. So, a “single” course has two proctored exams, a “double” course has four proctored exams, etc.
- During the proctored exams, you will take a full-length LSAT exam, monitored by a live proctor, and designed to precisely simulate the official LSAT.
- You will have LOTS of additional practice LSATs, and Mark will assist you with how to use those practice LSATs (and take self-proctored exams) in the most effective way possible.
- While you can (and should) take additional self-proctored exams on your own, ScoreItUp’s proctored exams are an excellent way to learn how to take timed practice exams effectively…and to add some structure and camaraderie to the process of taking them!
ONLINE RESOURCES AND HOMEWORK
- ScoreItUp’s course lessons with Mark are reinforced by weekly homework assignments and the use of ScoreItUp’s massive online database.
- ScoreItUp’s online resources include all of the following:
- ScoreItUp’s complete, supplemental online video course, allowing you the option of getting added reinforcement on any of the “core” LSAT concepts, including detailed analysis on video of additional real LSAT questions by Mark.
- ScoreItUp’s five-part video series on symbolic logic, taught by Mark. (Students often have said that they never truly understood how to use symbolic logic on the LSAT until they took ScoreItUp’s course!)
- ScoreItUp’s massive document library, including (1) detailed written explanations to all homework LSATs and mock exams, as well as explanations to thousands more LSAT questions; (2) step-by-step strategies for attacking each LSAT section, designed to reinforce class lessons; and (3) quizzes to further reinforce challenging LSAT concepts.
- Additional detailed VIDEO explanations to assist with LSAT Prep “drilling” homework.
- Comprehensive video tutorials on the LSAT Writing section and your Personal Statement
- ScoreItUp’s “Mark911” feature: if you have an LSAT question that you don’t understand after reading or watching the explanation, simply email Mark with “Mark911” in the subject line!
YOUR Course Instructor
All course lessons are personally taught by ScoreItUp’s founder, Mark Sacks. ScoreItUp student results and common sense both indicate that your LSAT score is likely to see significantly greater improvement when (1) the instruction is more effective, and (2) YOUR instructor:
- is the company’s founder, with their business’s success riding on the satisfaction of students in their classroom,
- has significant LSAT Prep and University teaching experience, and
- has substantial training and experience working with the LSAT’s “legal reasoning” skills, as well as a law school degree.
So…what are you waiting for? Let’s get started today to help you maximize your LSAT score and make law schools want YOU! Please go to ScoreItUp’s Live Online page for full details and to enroll. Questions? Please feel free to email Mark Sacks directly at firstname.lastname@example.org!