SCOREITUP LSAT PREP: DETAILED COURSE OVERVIEW
ScoreItUp’s “live online” LSAT Prep courses offer you far more thorough and comprehensive instruction than other companies provide. ScoreItUp student results and common sense both indicate that your LSAT score is likely to see significantly greater improvement when the instruction is more effective and you remove the gimmicks. A detailed summary of your ScoreItUp experience is provided below.
- The content of ScoreItUp’s “live online” (via Zoom) and “in person” courses (in Orange County, California) is identical.
- All “live online” lessons are recorded and can be watched (or replayed) at other times.
- Only real LSAT questions are used for all ScoreItUp lessons, homework and mock exams.
- You do not need any prior experience with the LSAT before taking a ScoreItUp course. However, countless students who already have prepped for the LSAT also have benefited immensely from taking a ScoreItUp course afterward.
- ScoreItUp guarantees that all lessons are taught by the company’s founder, Mark Sacks, and not by a part-time or inexperienced instructor. As a result, you will find that class lessons provide a far more in-depth analysis of LSAT questions.
- ScoreItUp courses enable you to master all three phases of LSAT Prep: (1) learning the fundamental concepts underlying the LSAT, (2) effectively applying those fundamentals to a very large number of real LSAT questions, and (3) improving your LSAT efficiency.
- The biggest challenge is Phase 2: i.e., applying the fundamental concepts to real LSAT questions. Improving your LSAT score dramatically requires understanding precisely why (1) correct answers are correct, and (2) incorrect answers are incorrect. Accordingly, the bulk of each ScoreItUp class lesson involves carefully analyzing a very large number of real LSAT questions.
- By analyzing the precise way to answer LSAT questions effectively and efficiently, you learn the LSAT’s “patterns” which consistently repeat themselves in future questions – after all, logic is logic!
- You will appreciate the lighthearted and fun-filled environment of Mark’s classes, but ScoreItUp courses are thorough and rigorous. They are designed for students who are serious about improving their LSAT score significantly.
- Please see below for a discussion of (1) ScoreItUp’s course options, and (2) ScoreItUp’s class lessons, broken down by the treatment of each LSAT section.
SCOREITUP COURSE OPTIONS: Single, Double, Triple and “GO BIG”
- ScoreItUp offers single, double, triple and GO BIG course options, designed to cater to a student’s budget and available time to prepare for the LSAT.
- A ScoreItUp “single” course is a complete, self-contained and comprehensive LSAT Prep course. A “double” course is two “single” courses; a “triple” course is three “single” courses; and a “GO BIG” course is four “single” courses.
- Each course will analyze completely new and different LSAT questions. For example, the first course in a “double” course will analyze entirely different LSAT questions than the second course in a “double” course, and so on.
- Each class lesson typically will work on problems in two of the three graded sections of the LSAT (Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension).
- Mark will clearly explain the fundamental strategies necessary to LSAT success in each course. However, your class lessons primarily will involve a “deep dive” analysis of a very large number of real LSAT questions, allowing you to recognize LSAT “patterns” in future questions efficiently.
- Any ScoreItUp course with Mark will be extremely beneficial. The benefits of a longer course are (1) analyzing far more LSAT questions with Mark, (2) significant reinforcement of the LSAT’s “core” concepts, and (3) access to ScoreItUp’s extensive online database for a longer time period.
- You can “upgrade” from a shorter course to a longer one. There is a small financial benefit to initially enrolling in a longer course, but you can “start small” and upgrade later, if you would like.
ANALYTICAL REASONING (AR)
- ScoreItUp’s initial AR lessons will teach you all the key fundamentals necessary to mastering the AR section.
- You will then apply these fundamentals to numerous AR sets from real LSATs, beginning with the very first AR lesson. Each AR set will be analyzed by Mark, allowing you to see the optimal way to “set up” each AR set and answer the entire set of AR questions.
- As the course progresses, all of the main types of AR sets will be analyzed. Each AR lesson will expose you to new and different game sets and concepts (as well as reinforcing certain “core” concepts), and you will develop an extensive set of strategies to help answer AR questions accurately and efficiently.
- The common tricks used by the LSAT’s test writers in “wrong” answer choices to AR questions also will be explained and demonstrated by Mark.
LOGICAL REASONING (LR)
- ScoreItUp’s initial LR lesson will teach you all the key fundamentals necessary to mastering the LR section.
- You will then work on numerous LR questions from real LSATs, beginning with the first LR lesson. Each assigned LR question will be analyzed by Mark, allowing you to see how to answer the question, the precise reason why the correct answer is correct and (when appropriate) the precise reason why incorrect answers are incorrect.
- As the course progresses, all of the main LR question types will be analyzed in class. Each LR lesson will expose you to new and different LR question types, and you will develop additional strategies to help answer LR questions efficiently.
- The common tricks used by the LSAT’s test writers in “wrong” answer choices to LR questions also will be explained and demonstrated by Mark.
READING COMPREHENSION (RC)
- ScoreItUp’s initial RC lesson will teach you all the key fundamentals necessary to mastering the RC section.
- You will then apply these fundamentals to numerous RC sets from real LSATs, beginning with the first RC lesson. Each RC set will be analyzed by Mark, allowing you to see the optimal way to dissect each passage and answer the entire set of RC questions.
- As the course progresses, all of the main types of RC passages will be analyzed in class. In each RC lesson, you will be exposed to new and different passages and RC questions, and you will develop additional strategies to help answer RC questions accurately and efficiently.
- The common tricks used by the LSAT’s test writers in “wrong” answer choices to RC questions also will be explained and demonstrated by Mark.
LSAT WRITING SAMPLE
- The LSAT also contains a separately administered, ungraded LSAT Writing section. Your LSAT Writing sample will be provided to all law schools to which you apply.
- The LSAT Writing section is equivalent to a miniature law school final exam.
- You will be provided with a one-hour video tutorial, taught by Mark, on the LSAT Writing sample.
- Mark’s tutorial will provide you with a precise and detailed strategy and formula for dealing with the LSAT Writing section, and will apply that formula to two separate LSAT Writing prompts from real LSATs.
- When you finish Mark’s tutorial, you will be fully capable of handling the LSAT Writing section. You should practice on a couple other LSAT Writing prompts, but you do not need to spend nearly as much time on this section as the graded LSAT sections.
- As a side note, many LSAT Prep companies are founded by people who never went to law school, and have little familiarity with law school final exams. Beware of claims that the LSAT Writing section is “irrelevant,” you don’t need to prepare for it at all, or admission committees never read it. Those claims are false – common sense should tell you that!
SCOREITUP’S LSAT PREP “LITE”
- ScoreItUp courses with Mark offer you far more class lesson hours than others do. The extra class lesson time enables you to work with Mark on far more real LSAT questions, and to deal with much more nuanced LSAT concepts.
- In addition, the extra class lesson time allows for ScoreItUp’s lighthearted, weekly LSAT Prep “Lite” hour (during the final hour of ScoreItUp’s Sunday lessons).
- During LSAT Prep “Lite,” Mark will share war stories from his career as a criminal prosecutor and BigLaw civil litigator. These stories provide added entertainment to your rigorous LSAT Prep lessons, let you see what lawyers actually do, and reinforce LSAT concepts by applying them in real-life examples.
- LSAT Prep “Lite” hours also include discussions about law school admission strategies, personal statements (in addition to ScoreItUp’s immensely useful, one-hour video tutorial), guest speakers (lawyers, judges and current law school students), bonus LSAT sets and more.
- While the weekly LSAT Prep “Lite” hour is optional, you WON’T want to miss it!
PROCTORED MOCK EXAMS
- Each ScoreItUp course begins and ends with a live, proctored full-length exam. So, a “single” course has two proctored exams, a “double” course has four proctored exams, etc.
- During the proctored exams, you will take a full-length LSAT exam, monitored by a live proctor, and designed to precisely simulate the official LSAT.
- You will have LOTS of additional practice LSATs, and Mark will assist you with how to use those practice LSATs (and take self-proctored exams) in the most effective way possible.
- While you can (and should) take additional self-proctored exams on your own, ScoreItUp’s proctored exams are an excellent way to learn how to take timed practice exams effectively…and to add some structure and camaraderie to the process of taking them!
ONLINE RESOURCES AND HOMEWORK
- ScoreItUp’s course lessons with Mark are reinforced by weekly homework assignments and the use of ScoreItUp’s massive online database.
- ScoreItUp’s online resources include all of the following:
- ScoreItUp’s complete, supplemental online video course, allowing you the option of getting added reinforcement on any of the “core” LSAT concepts, including detailed analysis on video of additional real LSAT questions by Mark.
- ScoreItUp’s five-part video series on symbolic logic, taught by Mark. Countless students have said that they never truly understood how to use symbolic logic on the LSAT until they took ScoreItUp’s course.
- ScoreItUp’s massive document library, including (1) detailed written explanations to all homework LSATs and mock exams, as well as explanations to thousands more LSAT questions; (2) step-by-step strategies for attacking each LSAT section, designed to reinforce class lessons; and (3) quizzes to further reinforce challenging LSAT concepts.
- Additional detailed VIDEO explanations to assist with LSAT Prep “drilling” homework.
- Comprehensive video tutorials on the LSAT Writing section and your Personal Statement.
- ScoreItUp’s “Mark911” feature: if you have an LSAT question that you don’t understand after reading or watching the explanation, simply email Mark with “Mark911” in the subject line!
So…what are you waiting for? Let’s get started today to help you maximize your LSAT score and make law schools want YOU! Please go to ScoreItUp’s Live Online page for full details and to enroll. Questions? Please feel free to email Mark Sacks directly at email@example.com!