I am thrilled to announce that another ScoreItUp LSAT Prep student just earned a perfect 180 LSAT score! She did it on the most recent August ’21 LSAT, after taking my ScoreItUp “live online” course…and it was on her very first official LSAT. As LSAT veterans know, a perfect 180 LSAT score is an exceptionally rare accomplishment (and particularly challenging when earned by a prospective law student…and not an LSAT instructor repeatedly taking the LSAT simply to try to advertise a high LSAT score!).
ScoreItUp previously earned a world record for prelaw students earning a perfect 180 on the LSAT in one year, and it’s always an exciting moment for me to see a student accomplish that impressive result. With all of the LSAT Prep information out there on the internet, this seemed like an appropriate time to ask the following question: what is the true value of taking a ScoreItUp LSAT Prep course? I think an analogy is a helpful way to answer that question – i.e., comparing a ScoreItUp LSAT Prep course to a challenging University course like Calculus, Shakespeare or World History. Just like with LSAT Prep, there is a wealth of information on the internet discussing those University course subjects. So then, what is the purpose of a college professor vs. “self-study”? Well, assuming your professor is an effective teacher, he or she will:
- Make the material “come alive,” and make the learning process dramatically easier for you by hearing from an experienced expert highlighting the most important concepts in an organized fashion.
- Provide you with a deeper level of understanding of the material, including providing you with a foundation to process the various concepts you are being taught.
- Focus your attention on what you need to know, and avoid spending your time on what you don’t need to know, so you use your study time far more efficiently.
- Provide you with a framework – i.e., structure – in which you can use and apply the information being taught much more effectively.
- Prevent you from spinning your wheels and wasting time reading the vast amount of published material that isn’t useful and can even be counterproductive.
Also, learning is most effective and efficient if we do ALL THREE of the following: read it, hear it, and apply it. A well-taught University course will do all of that. Similarly, my ScoreItUp LSAT Prep courses are designed to do all of the above, and much more..including discussing and analyzing an enormous number of real LSAT questions.
In the end, there are a variety of ways to prepare for the LSAT. However, a ScoreItUp course can make the LSAT Prep process dramatically easier, more effective and more efficient for students. If you ever would like to speak to ScoreItUp students directly about their experience with the course, please let me know. Whatever you do, I wish you the best of luck…and I hope you too may experience the thrill of earning a perfect 180 on this challenging exam!