The LSAC recently advised test-takers of information about the July 15th LSAT. Some of which was known, but other things (including a delayed score report) had not previously been disclosed. Here are some key details about the July LSAT:
- Approximately half the July 2019 test-takers will take the old paper-and-pencil test, and the rest will take the LSAT with the new digital format.
- All students should bring No. 2 pencils with erasers. Those taking the digital LSAT will be given a tablet, scratch paper and “a pen/stylus that can be used to underline and highlight text on the tablet, as well as writing on the scratch paper.”
- Please visit lsac.org/lsat/taking-lsat/
lsat-test-center-admission- requirements for a complete list of all items that are required and allowable.
- July LSAT test-takers will receive their scores on August 28, 2019.
- July LSAT test-takers will have until September 4 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time to cancel their score (one week after receiving their scores).
- If one cancels the July LSAT, you can retake the LSAT at no additional charge. The deadline to register for the October 28, 2019 LSAT is September 10, 2019 (13 days after you receive your July 2019 score).
- Note that you will NOT receive your July LSAT score in time to register for the September 21, 2019 LSAT (and therefore won’t be able to take that one for free). However, if you do register (and pay for) the September LSAT, you will have received your score report for the July LSAT prior to the September LSAT.
Good luck to all of you! Questions? Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.